Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Off to the Races!

This past weekend we boarded a train at Victoria Station, headed for Chichester, home of the glorious Goodwood Racecourse! On their website, they mention that they are "The World's Most Beautiful Racecourse". Seeing as this was my first ever horse race outing, I would have to agree :) Out in the country, and very close to the coast, the backdrop was very picturesque. Everything about the day was spectacular - VERY entertaining people watching, lovely hats/fascinators as far as the eye could see, beautiful grounds to roam around, and the celebration of a special occasion, our friend's birthday!

We got into the betting as well, and boy does that make it that much more interesting. While Grant was analyzing the stats, I confidently made my choices based off of the names of the horses. Considering the fact that two of my picks rolled in some dough for us - Hoofit and Thistle Bird (great names, right?!) - I think I've made Grant a believer in my "don't think too much into it" strategy.

All in all, we truly enjoyed our British horse racing experience, and can't wait to attend Royal Ascot next year (I think I'm more excited about the chance to wear a fancy hat again than the actual horse race!).

Parading the horses around before their race




Here they come!


Celebrating our win!

No comments:

Post a Comment