Monday, November 23, 2015

Happy 5th Anniversary!


June 2014:

I never thought I’d be celebrating my 5th wedding anniversary in Beijing, but here I am, on June 6, 2014, living in Beijing :)

G spoiled me like crazy on this momentous occasion – I had NO idea he had anything planned, until, as he’s walking out the door for work, he tells me that there will be a taxi waiting for me downstairs at 3 pm, and I should have an overnight bag with me, containing a fancy dress for dinner that evening.  WHAT??  SERIOUSLY??  You know me, such a worrywart…I don’t do well when I’m not given many details.  I did my best though, and tried to let myself just enjoy this sweet surprise my husband had worked so hard on.

Right on time, my taxi arrived, and took me the short drive to The Fairmont, Beijing!  As I’m checking in, they swiftly take me away to a special, private check-in area that’s for guests who are staying in a suite.  I’m brought to my mini palace, and told to head to the spa for my pedicure appointment!  Way to go, G!

After my amazing and relaxing pedicure, Grant arrived, and we celebrated with champagne and chocolate cake in our rose-filled palace, as we got ready for dinner at Capital M – a beautiful restaurant overlooking the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square.

It was a wonderful evening that we’ll never forget.  Thank you to everyone who wished us a happy day – it was indeed!






No comments:

Post a Comment